Part-Time Sales Assistant
We are seeking a part-time Sales Assistant to join our team at our new flagship retail store in East Austin, Fail Jewelry.
The position will include manning the retail store on weekends, and working directly with Christine Fail, the owner, on sales and marketing related projects. Retail store duties include :
- Interacting with customers for retail sales
- Facilitating custom orders
- Visual merchandising
- Photographing items and the store for social media posts
- Maintaining accurate inventory count & levels
Additional sales and marketing duties will cross over into other facets of our business, including but not limited to:
- Social media management
- Wholesale account management
- Collaborative marketing initiatives
- Market research
- PR outreach
The right candidate must have/be:
- 1-2 years sales experience
- Excited about interacting with shoppers on a daily basis in a beautifully designed space stocked with quality small batch good from Austin and beyond.
- A positive attitude and outgoing demeanor
- Attention to detail
- An eye for design
- A strong connection to the modern maker movement
- Engaged and up to date with trendsetters across media channels
- An interest in small business management.
Additionally, we are looking for candidates who are interested in growing their duties and responsibilities as the company grows. Outside of retail, we run a thriving wholesale business and are moving more of our focus into fine jewelry, specifically ceremony rings. Marketing interest and experience coupled with a creative mind will be an asset as the position grows.
The position is for 19 hr/wk and requires working both Saturday (10:45am-7:15pm) and Sunday (11:45am-4:15pm) for a total of 13 hours, plus an additional 6 hours during the week. Pay starts at $11/h and is commensurate with experience.
If this is the perfect position for you, tell us about it! Please outline your experience and how it would pertain to the duties outlined above, and how you think you could make a contribution to the success of fail in a thoughtful cover letter!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Sales Assistant”. Submissions received without the correct subject line, cover letter, and resume will be dismissed off hand.