I am hiring, and you or someone you know might be the right fit!
Below are the details for the position, and you can apply online here. Feel free to spread the word. I would love your help in taking my business to the next level!
fail STUDIOS is looking for a part-time Marketing and PR Manager to create content and spread the word about our brand. Under the direction of Christine Fail, the designer, you will be involved in marketing initiatives from concept to completion utilizing our website, email blasts, social media, and PR outreach to achieve our goals of growing our fan base and increasing online revenue.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Campaign strategy & execution
- Social media management: Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest
- Emailing editors
- Writing blog posts
- Crafting email blasts
- Creating metrics and analyzing data on performance/reach
- Graphic design in support of each campaign
- Advertising, traditional and online
The right candidate MUST have:
- 2+ years of relevant marketing experience
- Good eye for design
- Excellent writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Follow up
- Basic graphic design knowledge
- Project management experience
- The ability to think and write within the established brand voice
The right candidate MUST be:
- Forward thinking
- Positive & excited
- Self directed
- Experience with SEO & website optimization
- Experience creating, managing, and evaluating online advertising
- Photography skills
- Prop styling
- Small business management
- Familiarity of the fail brand, aesthetic, and voice
The marketing landscape has changed dramatically over the past 5 years, and small businesses are able to get their messages out in new and unconventional ways. We are looking for someone to bring creativity and excitement to the task. The position requires 5-10 hours a week and pay is commensurate with experience. Applicants can expect a $15-$25/hr at base depending on experience, with additional monetary incentives for candidates bringing substantially more to the table. The schedule is flexible within our regular studio hours (M-F, 10-5:30).
fail STUDIOS is a small studio located in east Austin filled with young women making things, organizing things, and paying way too much attention to our studio dog Dunkin.
Applicants must forward a COVER LETTER with resume and SALARY REQUIREMENTS. Any applications submitted without a thoughtful cover letter or salary requirements will be dismissed immediately.