Today’s guide comes my resident go-to for all things culinary, Jackie Letelier of The Letelier Food Company. Jackie has put together a list of her favorite and most used kitchen items. These finds have been tested in her kitchen and are perfect for the amateur chef and food lover in your life.
Also, if you need a little something extra for the Thanksgiving weekend, stop by Fresh Plus on West Lynn and pick up some pate or one of the many weekend farmers markets featuring Jackie’s creations. Your tummy will thank you. Check out all of her local outlets here and happy eating!
- This is a small gem to have in the kitchen for everyday use. Takes up no space and is perfect for making a single batch of salsa or chopping up a bunch of garlic. Cuisnart, 4 Cup Chopper/Grinder, $64.95
- I just got this book and it is great! Written by local chef, butcher and hunter Jessie Griffiths. The recipes are amazing and the photos are spectacular. There is even a section on how to skin a squirrel! A Field, A Chef’s Guide To Preparing and Cooking Wild Game and Fish, $40
- I love this cutting board. Great to hang in the kitchen and use everyday, but even better to use for appetizers when entertaining. Black Walnut Cuttingboard with Leather Strap from Spartan, $84
- This is probably one of my favorite kitchen items. It will last you a life time and you can make anything in it. I use mine for Everything from cookin’ up ribeyes to baking cornbread. 15″ Cast Iron Skillet, $69.95
- These knives are handmade in Houston by Russell Montgomery. I want every piece. Serenity Knives, $150-$350
Filed under: uncategorized