fail jewelry is seeking a full-time Sales & Marketing Manager to join our team at our flagship retail store in East Austin, fail COLLECTIVE.
The position will include manning the retail store 3-4 days a week, and working directly with Christine Fail, the owner, on sales and marketing related projects in the fail Studio. Both are located in East Austin.
Retail store duties include;
- Interacting with customers for retail sales
- Facilitating custom orders, repairs and special orders
- Visual merchandising
- Inventory buying support
- Maintaining accurate inventory count & levels
Additional sales and marketing duties will cross over into other facets of our business, including but not limited to:
- Social media management
- Wholesale account management
- Collaborative marketing initiatives including events, photo shoots, and collateral
- Market research
- PR outreach
The right candidate must have:
- 2+ years of retail or wholesale sales experience
- Excitement about interacting with shoppers on a daily basis in a beautifully designed space stocked with quality small batch good from Austin and beyond.
- A positive attitude and outgoing demeanor
- Attention to detail & an eye for design
- A strong connection to the modern maker movement
- A finger on the pulse of fashion and design and up to date with trendsetters across media channels
- An interest in small business management
Major bonus points for:
- Knowledge of jewelry, metals, gemstones, and jewelry techniques
- Experience in fine jewelry or luxury good sales
- Graphic design skills
Additionally, we are looking for candidates who are interested in growing their duties and responsibilities as the company grows. Outside of retail, we run a thriving wholesale business and are moving more of our focus into fine jewelry, specifically engagement, wedding and ceremony rings. Marketing interest and experience coupled with a creative mind will be an asset as the position grows.
The position can range from 30-40 hr/wk, Tuesday – Saturday depending on the candidate’s needs and availability, and salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid time off, health insurance, and bonuses based on monthly retail sales goals.
If this is the perfect position for you, tell us about it! Please outline your experience and how it would pertain to the duties outlined above, and how you think you could make a contribution to the success of fail in a thoughtful cover letter!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Sales & Marketing Assistant”. Submissions received without the correct subject line, cover letter, and resume will be dismissed off hand.